SAINT MARY OF THE WOODS, Ind. - The Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College men's soccer team took down Harris Stowe State University this afternoon 2-1. The Pomeroys have won four-straight games and have outscored its opponents 10-to-5 in the last four contests. The Woods will look to improve its record to .500 against Depauw University on Sunday, October 7th at 1:00 p.m. Come out and show your #PomeroyPr1de as this is the men's soccer teams final home match of the inaugural season.
How It Happened:
- The Pomeroys struck first after Jose Parra found Armon Glenn who scored his fourth goal of the season at the 15-minute mark
- HSSU tied the scored after Adrian Alverez scored in the 24th minute
- In the 65th minute, Evan Crowe notched the game-winner to give SMWC a 2-1 victory
- Andrew Aceituno concluded the contest with six saves
- Overall, SMWC was outshot 12-to-11 and Mancilla was issued a yellow card
Evan Crowe said about his game-winning goal, "I've dreamed about this my whole life to score at the collegiate level. Especially, to score the game-winner to keep our streak alive. It was an out of body feeling."
Head coach Abe Tizaf stated, "We're little but we are lion-hearted."
Down the Road
The Pomeroys have four games left in the 2018 campaign. Next up, will be Depauw University, Grace Christian University, and the season finale against Cincinnati Christian University.
Download The Team Schedules | Download Center
Tag Us | @SMWCAthletics