SMWC jumped out to a quick led in the first quarter after hitting five 3-PT baskets and causing Brescia to commit ten turnovers. By the break, SMWC led 26-15. Early in the second quarter, The Woods stayed aggressive. However, Brescia began to fight back as they ended the quarter scoring 36 points. Brescia was up 51-48 at halftime. In the third, Brescia kept the momentum as they posted 35 points to the Pomeroys 16. By the fourth, SMWC trailed 22 points and could not get their offense running. The Bearcats earned the victory 107 -83.
- Delaney Kendall led the Pomeroys in points with 13; she added four rebounds, two steals, and one assist
- Sydney Ingram tallied 11 points, six rebounds, one assist, and one steal
- Callan Taylor concluded with 11 points, one steal, one assist, and one rebound
- Regan Hubbard finished scoring 10 points, tossing three assists, and grabbing two rebounds
- Brianna Smith led the team in rebounds with seven
Quote from Head Coach Robert Belf
On the team's tough loss this afternoon...
"I think we are becoming a good team, but I'm not sure we know what it takes to win."
What the team can improve on in the coming New Year...
"We need to be committed to what needs to be done all four quarters."
By The Numbers:
78.8 | As a team, SMWC shot 78.8% from the free throw line
24 | The Woods tough defense caused the Bearcats to commit 24 turnovers
47 | The Pomeroys bench scored 47 points
20 | SMWC scored 20 points off of Bearcats turnovers
SMWC will have a lengthy break over Christmas Break and New Years. The Pomeroys will be back in action on Tuesday, January 8th at 6:00 p.m. ET. They will travel to Lincoln Christina University.
Photo Gallery | http://smwcpomeroys.com/sports/wbkb/2018-19/photos/0012/index
Download Team Schedules | Download Center
Tag Us | @SMWCAthletics