CHICAGO, Ill. -- Saint Mary of the Woods College (SMWC) men's soccer suffered its second loss of the season to Moody Bible Institute. The Pomeroys were beaten 2-4, with the loss, SMWC moves to 8-2-0 (.800) on the season. MBC moves to 5-4-0 on the year.
- The Pomeroys trailed 1-0 after Will Snyder scored the matches first goal at 30:48 (unassisted); this was the only goal of the first half
- SMWC gave up two quick goals after halftime (49:07, 55:16) to Dani Martinez and Nick Gaviria (both unassisted)
- Will Snyder scored his second goal of the match at 66:17; Moody Bible led 4-0
- Jose Parra scored SMWC's first goal of the contest (69:09) to cut the score 4-1
- Omar Abdallah Nabilsi netted a Pomeroy goal at 81:09 but it was too late to begin a comeback
By the Numbers
- Moody Bible took 20 shots on goal to the Pomeroys 19
- Keaton Krischak finished with 16 saves; Kaden McCloughan had 19
- Nabilsi led the Pomeroys with seven shots on goal; Bakhrebah took five shots
Quote | Abe Tizaf
"The one thing I have to say is that we totally deserve this loss. Moody played a lot better than we did, and they deserve this win. This just shows how much work we have ahead of us and we need to continue working harder to improve for the upcoming games."
The Pomeroys will head to DePauw University on Tuesday, October 1st. The first touch is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. ET.
Subscribe/Download Team Schedules: Download Center