Shots (on goal)
GREENCASTLE, Ind. – The Pomeroys men's soccer team lost to DePauw University last night 3-2. After first leading on a goal from Omar Abdallah Nabilsi and then a free kick goal in the 2nd half to equazlie at 2-2 from Omar, the Woods surrendered the eventual game-winning goal in the 89th minute and are now 8-3 on the season.
- SMWC started fast and and looked to connect on a few shots before Omar Abdallah Nabilsi finally netted a goal in the 13th minute to give the Woods a 1-0 lead.
- DePauw's defense came out as they kept the Woods in check near the end of the first half and scored off a corner kick to equalize.
- DePauw kept rolling and came out of the halftime break shooting and managed to pull ahead 2-1.
- The Pomeroys received a break as they were awarded a free kick, which Omar netted with little doubt to equalize the score once again at 2-2 with just over 11 minutes left to play.
- Heartbreak struck as DePauw scored a header off their only corner kick of the half to go ahead with 3 minutes remaining to drop SMWC to 8-3 on the season.
By the Numbers
- Omar Abdallah Nabilsi now owns a staggering 14 goals, on pace for 22 on the season.
- After having 6 players with goals last season, the Pomeroys have 13 players with at least 1 goal on the season.
- The Pomeroys projected record has taken a slight hit since September 24th, dropping from 13-3 to 11-5.
The Pomeroys come home to face Cincinnati-Clermont as part of a slate of Homecoming games on Saturday, October 5. Match time is set for 4:00 p.m. ET.
Subscribe/Download Team Schedules: Download Center