SMWC and Lincoln Christian were neck and neck at the end of the first quarter with the score tied at 21 a piece. The Pomeroys extended a two-point lead by halftime, 45-43. In the third quarter, LCU was able to put together a powerful offensive push to regain the lead 76-64. In the fourth, the Pomeroys battled back and cut the lead to four points but could not finish the comeback off.
- Delaney Kendall led the Pomeroys in points with 16; she added five assists, and one rebound
- Callan Taylor concluded with 14 points, three rebounds, two assists, and a steal
- Brianna Smith earned her first double-double of the season; she scored 11 points and grabbed 11 rebounds, and dished one assist
- Mara Canada scored 11 points, tossed three assists, grabbed two rebounds, and two steals
- Maggie Reimer notched 11 points and grabbed seven rebounds
- Avalee Jeffers stout defensive play rewarded her with seven steals
By The Numbers:
48 | As a team, SMWC outrebounded LCU grabbing a total of 48 rebounds
18 | The Woods made 18 three-point baskets
31 | The Pomeroys defense forced LCU to commit 31 turnovers
22 & 22 | SMWC tallied 22 team assists and 22 team steals
SMWC will be back at Hamilton Arena on Saturday, January 12th against Wright State-Lake Campus. Tip-off is scheduled for 2:00 p.m. ET.
Download Team Schedules | Download Center
Tag Us | @SMWCAthletics