TERRE HAUTE, Ind. - The SMWC women's soccer team fell 5-0 Saturday night at the hands of the Rose-Hulman Fightin' Engineers. Despite some strong play on the Pomeroy side of the ball; the loss drops the Woods to 0-2 on the season.
- Lanee Andrew and Ashley Jezik accounted for the two shots on goal for the night
- Megan Benefiel continued to make some impressive saves, taking 33 shots
- Kortney Buckley accounted for the only other shot of the night, marking 3 total for the Pomeroys
- The Woods made a final push for a goal in the 87th minute off a PK but came up short on a shot wide right by Lanee Andrew
By the Numbers
- SMWC recorded their lowest shot attempts in a game since 9/26/18 | vs Rose-Hulman
- GK Megan Benefiel has now recorded 27 saves in just two contests this season
Quote | Head Coach Craig Hendry
How do you feel your team performed against Rose tonight?
"We lost early goals and that could've caused heads to go down but the tougher things get, the harder this groups seems to battle. We forced a couple fo corner kicks in each half and put together a few combinations in attack, but their attacking power pinned us back for long spells. Rose is a very good team and I love playing them; their program is something we strive to emulate."
The Pomeroys try to start September with a win when they travel to take on Eureka College on September 2nd at 6:00 p.m. ET
Subscribe/Download Team Schedules: Download Center