SAINT MARY OF THE WOODS, Ind. -- Saint Mary-of-the-Woods College (SMWC) women's volleyball and Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology battled through a tightly contested matchup this evening. The Pomeroys were topped 25-23, 25-18, 25-23 in the crosstown rivalry on Wednesday night. The Woods falls to 2-4 on the season while the Engineers improve to 3-5 on the year.
- Mandi Alspach led St. Mary-of-the-Woods with nine kills
- Riley Kinney contributed eight kills on the night
- Katelyn Cotter recorded 24 assists
- Pamela Dorman had 15 digs to lead the Pomeroys
By the Numbers
- SMWC and RHIT were neck and neck in the kill category, RHIT had 32 kills while SMWC finished with 30
- The Engineers notched 53.0 match points to the Pomeroys 36.0
- The Woods had six player's tally kills
The women's volleyball team will have a 48-hour break before they are back in action. The Pomeroys will travel to Galesburg, Illinois, to take on Monmouth College and Knox College on Friday night. On Saturday, they will turn around and play Central College and Concordia-Chicago!
Subscribe/Download Team Schedules: Download Center