HANOVER, Ind. – The Saint Mary-of-the-Woods volleyball (5-12) lost to Hanover College (11-5) today to fall to 5-12 on the season. The Pomeroy's struggles continued as they appeared out-manned and out-gunned against a superior Hanover team.
- Set 1: The Woods fell behind early and despite a late run when they pulled to within 4, a few attack errors helped Hanover pull away to win Set 1 25-16
- Set 2: SMWC played much tighter as they kept things close through the first half of the set. Five unanswered kills near the end of the set for Hanover gave tem Set 2 25-16.
- Set 3: The Pomeroys continued to fight hard throughout the set, staying within a point for most of set until Hanover exposed the Wood's depth and pulled away for a 25-14 win.
By the Numbers
- Mandi Alspach continues to lead all players with 133 kills, followed by Riley Kinney (126) and Jaelyn Fennell (114).
- Katelyn Cotter's 8.18 assists/set is on-pace for the best single-season mark in program history
The Pomeroys travel to Indianapolis to take on the powerhouse Marian University (17-1). First serve is set for 7:00 p.m. ET.
Subscribe/Download Team Schedules: Download Center